Smoking

A lesson learned:

I am very drawn to the work of Kayama Matazo - colour, shape, pattern and composition - and I thought the way he draws water could help me with the Grenfell Tower problem: to create the sense of 'after the fire', smoke turning into clouds and dawn breaking. However, a day of trying to replicate his folding lines resulted in frustration, drawings of ugly muscles and little more! So I 'returned to type' the next day, spirals and circles (peeping sun borrowed from Matazo) and I am happy  with the result. The tower is also resolved, 72 windows representing the people who died, the colour is a magnification of a butterfly wing to represent the colour and brightness of the lives that were lost, rather than the fire itself, and also the fleeting nature of life. I will slot the names into the book too.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#IIC Michael Geddis

#IIC Nature and Us: a history through art