One leaf at a time

There is no rushing this process and I wonder if it might be quicker to grow a tree from seed! The tree has progressed one leaf at a time, with adjustments made to the shades of green (purer hues), the background (darker blue) and the addition of white outlines to improve the overall contrast and vibrancy. I am almost content but pink is needed to lift the colours, so I have decided to add fruit. This is a work about time and the human scale, so although the process is painfully slow, it is peaceful and I think the mark of the maker - the scale of my marks - matter. I will roll with the pace for now, one leaf and one dot at a time (see next post!), and concern myself about deadlines another day.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#IIC Michael Geddis

#IIC Nature and Us: a history through art